- It is worth noting that horses are susceptible to exotic notifiable disease, often transmitted by insects. This makes insect control particularly important for effective disease avoidance in horses.
- All riding schools and establishments which hire out horses or ponies for riding require an annual licence which includes provision for protection of the health of all their horses.
- Scottish Government publish a Biosecurity for Horses guide
Associations & Societies
Professional Veterinary Associations
Record Keeping Guidance
- BEVA Protect ME campaign
- BEVA Top tips on reducing the use of antibiotics short YouTube videos by practitioners
- RUMA Companion Animal and Equine Alliance will draw on the success and learnings of UK farm animal sectors in responsible antimicrobial use to help protect important medicines for future human and animal use. The initiative aims for the UK to lead the way in the companion animal and equine sectors through evidence-based and measurable activities that will promote and enhance stewardship.
- RCVS Knowledge’s VetTeamAMR champions the responsible use of antimicrobials within companion animal, farm animal, and equine veterinary teams, including audit and benchmarking tools, free online education and a means for veterinary teams to network and share lessons on a national scale